Part time Position
Join our wonderful team of textile lovers.
We are looking for a talented sewing machinist to join our team on a part time basis.
Next State is a small collaborative team of individuals who have their own domain, but work together as a team to look after customers, receive orders, print and dispatch textile prints and produce fully made homewares and accessory products.
The Sewing Machinist will be responsible for sewing homewares and accessory products, that have been custom printed for our customers. Everything we do is made on demand out of lovely factory in Thornbury. Products include, tea towels, cushions, tote bags, samples and one off custom jobs.
Daily tasks will include sewing, trimming, pressing and some cutting. If you enjoy a variety of tasks in the sewing room then this is the perfect opportunity for you.
You will be the lead in the sewing room and run the space as your own studio. Working along side our team you will be managing your time and prioritising work. Providing feedback on improvements that can be made. There is room to grow in this roll and advance your career in Production.
The position is part time, however we are flexible with hours and days based on an individuals needs. We are looking for a committed and reliable individual.
We are looking for proven experience in a sewing production environment, however if you think you have what it takes as a recent graduate or trained sewer, then we are happy to support the right candidate with training for this position.
- Experience in operating industrial sewing machines, straight stitch and over locker
- Proven work history or educational experience in a production environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and manage your time
- Enjoyment and dedication to the process of product construction
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Flexibility to undertake a variety of different tasks
- Taking pride in your work and seeking constant improvement
Offering a competitive salary based on experience.
We’d love to hear from you if would like to discuss the job and your potential suitability for the role.Chole Kerr
☏ 03 9429 5888
You can also send your resume to us directly.